- Three 6-8 oz (1 inch thick) Ahi Tuna steaks
- Greek dressing (self made or bottle your choice), dressing recipe coming soon
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 of red onion sliced & separated
- 3 green onion stalk ends cut into two 1 inch lengths
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 container of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup garlic-herb cheese (self made or commercial brand), cheese spread recipe coming soon
- 3 slices of pesto-parmesan encrusted ham sliced into 1 inch x 6 inch strips
- 4 slices of picante provolone cheese sliced into 1 inch x 3 inch strips
- Approx. 1/2 cup of Kalamata Olives sliced in half
- Garlic powder
- Greek oregano
Directions for Tuna Souvlaki
- 3-4 hours before serving cut the tuna steaks into 1 inch x 1 inch cubes (approx.) place in a zip-lock bag, drizzle with approx. 3/4 cup Greek dressing/2 tbsp of garlic powder/ 2 tbsp of Greek oregano, seal the bag shake the tuna cubes and dressing mix up, place in the fridge till grilling time.
- 3-4 hours before serving slice the yellow pepper, red onion and green onion, place in a zip-lock bag with the tomatoes, drizzle with approx. 3/4 cup Greek dressing/2 tbsp of garlic powder/ 2 tbsp of Greek oregano, seal the bag shake the veggies and dressing mix up, place in the fridge till grilling time.
- Set the grill to a medium/medium high heat and place your kabob rack on the grill surface.
- Skewer the tuna and veggies separately (should have three skewers of veggies and three skewers of tuna)
- Place the skewers of veggies on the kabob rack, cook 6 minutes per side or when the side of the veggies just begin to char, remove to a pan and keep warm till being served.
- Place the skewers of tuna on the kabob rack, cook 8 minutes per side (ends of the tune will begin to brown), remove to a pan and keep warm till being served.
Directions Greek Crescent Pizzas:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a flat, dry, floured working surface roll out the Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough and separate.
- On each individual Crescent Roll triangle place approx. a tablespoon amount of the garlic and herb cream cheese and spread evenly across the internal surface of each Crescent Roll triangle.
- On each triangle place four to five Kalmata olive halves (dependent on size of roll and size of olives).
- Place a strip of of the pesto-parmesan encrusted ham over the olive and cream cheese spread, and a strip of the picante provolone over the ham.
- Roll loosely the Crescent Roll triangle from the wide edge to the short/pointed edge.
- Place each roll on a non-stick baking sheet (two rolls across, four deep).
- Place the sheet in the pre-heated oven for 9 to 12 minutes until the Crescent Rolls are golden brown on top.
- Remove and keep warm till being served.
Plating suggestions: Greek style couscous (recipe pending), and steamed seasonal vegetables.