- 6 trimmed, slightly flattened chicken breast
- 2 medium shallots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup of Marsala wine
- 1.5 cups flour (for dredge)
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup EVOO
House Rustic Pesto
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Approx. 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1 cup of shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
Rustic 5 Cheese Tortellini
- 1 pound fresh 5-cheese rough cut tortellini (recipe pending)
- Trim, clean chicken breast and flattened slightly.
- Place in a gallon size resealable bag, drizzle with EVOO, add a 1 tsp kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Seal and place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Create your flour dredge by adding 1.5 cups all purpose flour, 1 tbs smoked paprika, 2 tbs garlic powder, 1.5 tbsp kosher salt into a square or rectangle deep tupperware container with lid, mix the flour mixture together.
- Heat 1/2 cup EVOO on medium-high heat.
- Take each chicken breast, place it in the flour dredge, seal the container and toss to liberally coat both sides of the chicken, set on a plate.
- When the oil is to temp, place each chicken breast into the pan and brown each side for 5-6 minutes (total cook time 12 minutes).
- Place chicken in a pan and keep warm.
- De-glaze the saute pan with 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio Wine Vinegar & 1 cup of Marsala Wine, add 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Add two medium diced shallots and 3 minced cloves of garlic, saute the sauce (stirring periodically) till reduced by approx. 1/2 the volume.
- Replace chicken and juice on the holding plate into the saute pan, spoon Marsala sauce over chicken, keep warm till ready to serve.
- In a medium saute pan, toast 1 cup of pine nuts in a tbsp of grapeseed oil lightly (keep and eye on the nuts as they will toast quickly).
- Place the toasted pine nuts into a food processor.
- In batches, add the basil leaves, garlic, EVOO, cheese and salt till the desired color and consistency is achieved (our preferences slightly less stiff than a paste but able to hold up).
- On selected serving plate, place a chicken breast with sauce & nested tortellini.
- Drizzle a tbsp of house made basil pesto on the top of the chicken and tortellini.
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Serve with a house Italian salad and warm sourdough bread.