- Pizza Dough for 10” pizza – rolled and flattened
- 1 ½ cups chopped thick sliced bacon (about four to five slices) cooked to a crisp
- ¾ can of chopped clams drained and washed (save clam juice and extra clams for later use)
- Basil-pesto sauce (for spread), about 8 oz
- Mozzarella (preferably fresh) – sliced and placed over pesto sauce in an even circular wagon wheel pattern
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 3 oz of fresh, marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 to 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- ¼ red onion sliced thin
- 1 ½ tsp of minced garlic
- 4 to 8 medium Kalamata olives (or can use Black olives to reduce salt)
- 4-6 fresh leaves of basil (washed)
- See Guy Fieri’s cook book Food – Cookin’ It, Livin’ It, Lovin’ It (page 157)
- Preheat pizza stone and oven to 500° F
- Once the dough is ready, on a floured surfaced roll the dough to the desired size (10 to 12 inches, match to your Pizza Peel).
- Place the dough on a floured Peel.
- Spread evenly in a circular pattern the basil-pesto sauce up to a half inch from the edge of the dough.
- Place mozzarella slices in a wagon wheel fashion around the edge of the dough and a few slices in the center.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the surface.
- Spread chopped bacon and chopped clams over the surface evenly distributing both. Do the same with the sliced red onions.
- Place the artichokes hearts around the pizza about an inch in from the edge of the dough.
- Place the olives in between the artichoke hearts, evenly across the surface.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top of the pizza coating to ensure even cheese coverage.
- Place the pizza on the pizza stone and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (or until crust is golden and set).
- Remove the pizza once cooked, place the sliced Roma tomatoes around the pizza in a wagon wheel fashion and place one slice in the center of the pizza.
- Complete the toppings with fresh basil leaves evenly distributed between the tomatoes.
- Slice and serve.